The Recipes plugin allows you to write recipes, add ingredients and steps with simplicity in mind.
Create your recipes, add ingredients, steps, a short description as well as a full description and recipe categories!
Includes support for featured images and an easy to use template.
- 100% opensource.
- Recipe Custom Post Type.
- Recipe Categories (Custom taxonomy).
- Recipe Tags (Custom taxonomy).
- Single-field Ingredients.
- Easy to add recipe steps.
- Recipe featured image.
- Easy to use templating system. Just create a
recipesfolder in your theme, copy any of the templates in the plugin’s
templatesfolder and edit to your liking.
- Customizer integration: disable template parts or reorder them.
- Uses the Kirki plugin for the customizer, however if you don’t want to use the customizer features it is not required.
- Compatible with most themes out of the box.
- underscores.js-powered admin interface.
- Developed on Github.
- Support via the Github Issues Queue.
Simply install as a normal WordPress plugin and activate.
Contributors & Developers
“Recipes” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Recipes” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
February 5, 2017.
- Fix: Use TGMPA to require the installation of 3rd-party plugins.
February 5, 2017. Development time: 1 hour.
- Fix: Added translation file & made the plugin translatable.
- Fix: Templating issue with
- Fix: Admin scripts now only loaded when editing a recipe.
- Fix: added the
wp-utildependency to admin scripts to make sure no JS errors occur in some instances.
- New: Added new customizer controls to change the ingredients & steps column widths.
- New: Added new customizer controls the change the order of the steps & ingredients columns.
- New: Added new customizer control to change the steps counter color.
September 10, 2016. Development time: 13 hours.
- New: Added Recipe Tags
- New: Added Customizer integration
- New: Template parts and better templating system
- Fix: Improved the Recipes editing UI
August 1, 2016
- Initial version